Your BivyPack will ship right away, to anywhere in the world.
The BivyPack is an ultralight backpack that transforms into a breathable bivy tent. Weighing just under 1 pound, it's significantly lighter than just about any comparable standalone backpack or bivy out there — yet the BivyPack is both.
Fit for the trail or travel (and sized for flight carry-on), this is the cutting edge of ultralight for thru-hikers, world travelers, preppers and casual campers looking to save weight. This may very well be the best bivy you've ever slept in and the backpack you forget you're even wearing.
The bivy tent
Don't just live out of your backpack, live in it!
- The frame of the backpack slides out to become "tent poles", bringing the rest of the bivy along with it. It's set and ready to go just like that -- from backpack on your shoulders to bivy tent on the ground in just 30 seconds.
- The BivyPack remains breathable and bug-proof by surrounding your head area with noseeum bug netting, reducing moisture buildup and allowing you to see the scenery around you and the stars above. The "roof" of the bivy is made from a newly developed, ultralight waterproof/breathable fabric that rivals or bests some of the top brands in the game like Gore-tex and eVent. Along with a new three-stage foot vent, you'll be good to go in any weather conditions.
- The BivyPack was designed to take advantage of the gear you're already carrying -- this is the Freestyle Travel Gear philosophy. Your existing rain jacket can be clipped on securely as a fly to keep you dry on windy, rainy nights, or you can use a tarp.
- The bivy is invisible when you're not using it, tucked away in the backpack you may forget you even had a shelter ready to go. So go ahead and travel the world, couch surf and stay in hostels if you want, but when you need it, it's there.
- The pack body is made from waterproof and lightweight, yet durable high tenacity hex grid ripstop nylon.
- The adjustable carbon fiber frame flexes to allow airflow between your back and the pack (no sweaty back!) and fits many torso sizes comfortably. It is also removable for storage, to go frameless, or shrink the pack size.
- Has one main compartment and external front and side water bottle pockets. Side compressions straps tighten when you capacity is at a minimum. A hip belt and chest strap provide even more comfort on long hikes.
- Shoulder straps are easily removable to save weight if you'd like to use as a standalone-bivy with a different pack (bivy weighs only ~13 ounces with straps removed).
Hike and travel with breezy confidence; enjoy your new BivyPack.
- Weight: 15.9 oz
- Capacity: 40 Liters
- Pack Dimensions: 7" x 12" x 20"
- Torso size: Adjustable from 16" - 23"
- Bivy Length: 8.5 Feet (accomodates people up to 6'6")
- Waterproof: Yes
- Breathable: Yes